Complete guide to getting the TomTom iPhone app working for free

Step 1 : Have an iPhone. Make sure you have OS 3.0

Step 2: Jailbreak iPhone  – Follow exact instructions here: http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4448

Step 3: Enter Cydia on the iPhone, go to manage, go to sources, click edit (top right), click add (top left) and type : http://cydia.hackulo.us/ (see screenshot) . Ignore Cydia’s silly warnings

Step 4: click search (bottom right), type in ‘installous’. The only result you should get is ‘Installous'(see screenshot). Click this and press ‘install’ (top right)

Step 5: click search again, type in ‘appsync’. The only result you should get is ‘AppSync'(see screenshot). Click this and press install

Step 6: Exit Cydia, and click the new installous icon. Click settings (bottom right). Change ‘Install Method’ to dirty. Toggle ‘iTunes Sync’ to On

Step 7: Download the tomtom app here: http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/125959037/tomtom+canada?tab=summary http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5058125/TomTom_US__amp__Canada_for_iPhone . If you don’t know how to use bittorrent (if you’re lost on what to do with the file) you’re in way over your head. But you made it this far so click here: http://www.wikihow.com/Download-Torrents

Step 8: Drag the app you just downloaded into iTunes

Step 9: Plug your iphone into your computer, it should now sync the app. this can take up to 40 minutes

Step 10: Unplug iPhone and run the tomtom app!

Screenshots?:

I smell a lawsuit
  • Trackback are closed
  • Comments (50)
    • Mr wendall
    • 09/21. 2010 7:40pm

How do you get live traffic to work when ever I hit the button it says connecting to server but never connects

1. ?

2. I love tomtom

3. Hi there, just doing some browsing for my TomTom website. Amazing the amount of information on the web. Wasn’t exactly what I was looking for, but good site. Take care.

• Mils
    • 11/06. 2010 7:19pm

Hi do you know of any way to upgrade a downloaded version of tom tom from 2009? The new versions in the AppStore look entirely different with more features. Thanks

• Dreamz
    • 11/16. 2010 5:34am

Some one please help I downloaded the tom-tom app but I can’t find ‘install method’ in settings ? Also I have installed it but can’t find anywhere on the phone same problem with 2 games ?

• .-*-.-* TONY *-.-*-.
    • 12/07. 2010 11:51am

perfect !! just perfect

• Derek
    • 12/11. 2010 10:59am

I am going to test run this to see if i can get the app to load on my ipod touch… if it at least loads, i may consider jailbreaking my phone to get it

• Yalan
    • 12/20. 2010 9:15pm

after the jail break, how can i download Tom-Tom for free please?

Thanks for helping.

• Leah
    • 12/22. 2010 4:39pm

how long does it take to load???

4. Substantially, the post is in reality the greatest on this deserving topic. I concur with your conclusions and also will certainly eagerly look forward to your future updates. Saying thanks definitely will not simply be enough, for the exceptional clarity in your writing. I will certainly instantly grab your rss feed to stay abreast of any updates. Pleasant work and much success in your business dealings!

5. Very very informative, thanks for clearing up some issues for me! 🙂

• Caatje
    • 02/08. 2011 2:45am

How can I put new voices on this TomTom?

6. There is a entire sub-marketplace inside the area of the cellular telephone industry area connected to the jailbreak or unlocking of the mobile phones so that they can be used on any mobile network, and current Supreme Court choices in the USA handed down have confirmed that the jailbreak market is legal and genuine. That is, finish-consumer customers are very within their legal rights to do what they want to their mobile mobile phone handset to allow the cell phone to function on other network carriers which is normally known as jailbreak or unlocking the network block.
    Learn how to Jailbreak your iPhone

• Jim
    • 03/15. 2011 8:39am

Awesome, thanks a lot 😀

• Naomi
    • 04/20. 2011 3:32am

Hi great info, but can you send me a link to where I can get tomtom for the UK as the link above is only for the US! I’ve jailbroken the phone and now just need to find the where to download the correct tomtom app.

Thanks x

• Dan
    • 05/05. 2011 6:18pm

Hi Naomi,
    You can get it from apptrackr.org
    just search tomtom in apptrackr.org and you’ll find a lot more than just the UK.

• chrissy
    • 05/23. 2011 12:56pm

i am downloading tomtom uk from apptrackr.org but once downloaded how do i transfer on to my iphone?
    thankx

• sam
    • 06/05. 2011 4:02pm

wpould also like to know how to tranfer the above file to iphone 4 – the same way as explained above with installous?

• ??
    • 06/07. 2011 6:43pm

There are tons of websites that simply make stupid information,but yours are different , I am so happy to read your post;2

• joe
    • 06/16. 2011 11:41am

i downloaded and followed instructions, but cant put files into itunes. Help!

7. Interesting point of view. Btw, nice webdesign!
    regards
    legal-downloaden.org

• Arthur
    • 06/30. 2011 4:00pm

Great !! This really worked !! Fantastic !!

Thanks you !!

8. Followed your instructions and works perfect!! was already jailbroken so just installed the 2 you said and downloaded the 1.6 version of tom tom.
    THANKS MAN!

9. Yep, worked perfectly! Many thanks for this info really appreciated it!!

• Marcio Cruz
    • 08/13. 2011 11:21pm

great post
    works like a charm

10. Astonishingly illuminating thanks, I presume your readers may very well want a whole lot more writing along these lines continue the excellent content.

11. Outstandingly good thanks, There’s no doubt that your visitors could perhaps want way more blog posts like that carry on the good effort.

12. Outstandingly enlightening bless you, I think your visitors could very well want a whole lot more writing like this maintain the great effort.

13. Howdy, happy i discovered your web blog. It solved the problem to learn the topic slightly improved.

14. Tremendously beneficial many thanks, I reckon your trusty followers might probably want significantly more well written articles like this carry on the great hard work.

15. Surprisingly beneficial many thanks, I believe your audience may very well want more writing like this continue the good hard work.

• Dimitar
    • 10/10. 2011 3:13am

Thanks a lot mate you make me very happy

16. Do you think that apple is not going to be that strong in the post steve jobs era?

• Mayon =P
    • 01/28. 2012 4:28am

Hi,
    I want to put the app in iTunes but I can’t !
    Please help me !

• Bradly Wynn
    • 01/29. 2012 11:34pm

This is the perfect blog for anyone who wishes to find out about this subject. You appreciate so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want to! HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Excellent stuff, just excellent!

• seo
    • 01/31. 2012 12:05pm

Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and all. However think about if you added some great visuals or videos to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this blog could certainly be one of the greatest in its niche. Superb blog!

• neil
    • 02/01. 2012 12:14pm

hi mate i am neil,my iphone 4s is already jail break when i try to download tomtom through installous the file is there but when i click on download it gives me an error message all the time.

17. Very good, beneficial facts. My iphone 4 is now fully jailbroken and i have a performing Cydia image on the home screen. Continue to keep up the good work!

• Keeza
    • 03/21. 2012 2:47am

Forget TomTom, download IGO Primo. Much better interface, can search with only the street name without the town/suburb (that’s awesome).

18. So I’m having trouble using the mac program on my computer…probably because I have windows like most of American…

• Lonnie Chien
    • 04/15. 2012 9:53am

Does this work 100% dev team haven’t stated any unlock for 04.11.08 yet ?

• Anastasia Sanson
    • 04/15. 2012 10:32am

Kinda pointless if I can’t get the file without a jailbreak.

• olivier
    • 05/08. 2012 5:39am

Good post. Some comments:

– On my jailbroken IP4, there are 2 Installous showing after search. The 1st one fails, the second one works.

– After installing and running Installous I did directly a search for Tomtom and dowloaded on the iPhone.

– Worked like a charm and avoided me using the computer and itune.

19. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else may just I am getting that kind of information written in such an ideal approach? I have a venture that I am simply now working on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.

• martyn
    • 09/02. 2012 2:58pm

how long dows it take to demagnatize mine has been going for 5 hrs lol

• Igor cro
    • 11/04. 2012 6:10am

Dont use magnet links then

• Igor cro
    • 11/04. 2012 6:11am

Some files take too long to demagnet so i use regular DL links

• Igor cro
    • 11/04. 2012 6:12am

Can i use information sharing? Will they know i use Installuous version? And: does inapp purchases work with tt?

• 12/27. 2012 3:44am

This blog post Complete guide to getting the TomTom iPhone app working for
    free – signaltheorist.com, contains genuinely great advice and I
    learned exactly what I was basically hoping for. Thanks.

return top